Whilst the lockdown has naturally resulted in a reduction of business for many of us, it has offered an opportunity to reflect on our strategy for the future operation of the company.
Clearly there will be changes in the way that business is generally conducted, in the way that our procedures and processes have to take account of social distancing in particular, and in our commitment to society as a whole.
At the same time we have to ensure that our businesses remain effective, competitive, responsive to customer requirements and mindful of our responsibilities to keep staff safe at all times.
Here at MW Insulation, we have:
- continued to evaluate the efficiency of our process,
- reconfigured the layout within the factory,
- ensured that our procedures are correct for “the new normal”,
- built in flexibility to our operations,
- invested in new equipment, and
- maintained an ongoing regime of externally accredited evaluation and testing of our systems and products to demonstrate that they meets all relevant requirements.
We have built up our stock levels and are also in regular contact with our key suppliers to ensure that we have reliable and ongoing supply of raw materials.
Our principal Quality and Environmental accreditations are and have been renewed.
We regularly carry out testing to verify the thermal and fire properties of our products.
Investment in new and upgraded equipment and processes continues.
As the lockdown restrictions are eased and business begins to return to more normal levels, MW Insulation is more than ready to take advantage of the new business challenges that lie ahead.